The Helping Hand of Indianola is growing!
We want to build the best facility to reach the most families in Warren County.
ICYF is partnering with The Helping Hand to expand their current building, and collecting donations to expand their food pantry over the summer.
Donations of $1000 or more received by October 15, 2018, will be recognized on a building plaque. For more information, contact Kim Seberg, ICYF Director 515.961.9500 ext. 3174 email@example.com.
PROVIDING A HAND UP
NOT A HAND OUT
- The current food pantry is 204 square feet
- The expansion gives the pantry 2000 square feet, ten times larger than where they currently operate!
- In 2017, food needs were $20,000 plus community donations More than 800 families were helped in 2017, providing nearly 43,000 items
- There are more than 30 regular volunteers who serve at The Helping Hand to provide for Warren County
- The Helping Hand serves all of Warren County
- 9.8% of residents of Warren County are considered ‘food insecure’
- 23.4% of students in Warren County school districts are on the Free & Reduced Lunch program
- The Helping Hand provides a full week’s worth of food every 2 months for those in need
- $1.00 donated specifically to the food pantry can provide 4 meals
- Funds raised will support operations for 2+ years
Teachers noticed many students in need
of better clothing. “The Attic” was formed
at the United Presbyterian Church, which
was a space for people to receive clothes,
furniture, and other household items.
Plans for a community-wide food pantry
were launched with assistance from the
Indianola Ministerial Association, and
Warren County Human Services.
MAR 2, 1982
The Helping Hand opened in a rent-free
FEB 25, 1985
The current building at 109 East Clinton
Ave. was built and turned over to The
Helping Hand representatives.
In the beginning stages, The Helping
Hand provided food for 175 families a
year. In 2017 alone, they served 844
families through the food pantry.
To build the best facility to reach the most families in Warren County. Help us reach our goal of